Gut health is at the center of one’s well-being. Though it is “out of sight” it is certainly not “out of mind”. In this month’s free webinar, we will look at gut health and the gut brain (aka the enteric brain!)—because yes, it IS a brain with sensory and motor neurons, ganglia, and neurotransmitters, with the capacity to secrete hormones, just like our “head” brain. We will learn a variety of techniques to help us reduce inflammation, alkalize the overabundance of stomach acid (aka hydrochloric acid and gastric juices), and what to do from a holistic perspective to bring greater balance to our digestion system. We will also, as always, look at our emotions and how they too can influence, inspire, or disrupt a healthy gut.
What we learned:
1. Reflexology (detailing the digestive tract)
2. The importance of intention, specificity, and direction
3. A Taoist-inspired exercise for acid reflux
4. The emotions that can affect our gut
5. Honoring, accepting, and expressing one’s feelings
6. The small and large intestines and their role in absorption and elimination (literally and emotionally)
7. The gut microbiome and hormones
8. The Pushan mudra
Chantel is not a doctor and does not dispense medical advice. Nor does she diagnose, prognose, or prescribe. The holistic tools taught are not substitutes for medical care. Consult your physician in all matters regarding your health.
Chantel C. Lucier, and her company, The AtHome Experience, are dedicated to educating and enlivening the individual towards greater connection to themselves, each other, and their community. By teaching people how to care for themselves at home, The AtHome Experience aims to empower people to create and sustain optimal health and well-being. By caring for ourselves and each other we construct and co-create a better future!